Terms of membership:
Transmission of this Application of Membership to Accessibility Consultants Association of Ontario (ACAO) warrants that you and your company:
- carry on business as "fee for service" accessibility consultants (see exclusion list, below) in the Province of Ontario.
That your company:
- has been in business for at least 2 years.
That you personally:
- have the power to sign contracts or agreements to provide services to other members (e.g. as a subcontractor), and to obtain services from other members where warranted (e.g. as a contractor);
- warrant to conduct business in the best interests of your clients.
Failure in any condition can result in removal from the membership rolls.
Excluded from membership are:
- charitable organizations;
- not-for-profit organizations;
- legal services;
- builders/renovators (unless accessibility is the primary business focus);
- architects (unless accessibility is the primary business focus); and
- any other organization by consensus decision of the active members of the Accessibility Consultants Association of Ontario.
ACAO encourages current and prospective members to ensure that their organization's website is accessible (i.e. it conforms to W3C WCAG 2.0 AA), and reflects the professionalism potential clients expect from our industry.
There is currently no charge for membership in ACAOntario. However, if you wish to have a listing on our Web site, there will be a small fee.
The image of an exclamation mark before a field indicates a that your response is required or the form will not be submitted. Screen-reader users: listen for the alt-text "Required Field"