The Accessibility Consultants Association of Ontario membership includes these companies concerned with the accessibility of Web sites:
Companies on this page:
March of Dimes Canada
Your one-stop shop for accessibility consulting for the AODA.
Affordable plans that you can implement over time to meet the Standards.
How to get started
- Get advice from experienced professionals who were involved with Standards development
- Create a plan that you can implement over time to meet the Standards
- Take a practical, pragmatic approach
- Keep it affordable
We have 50+ years of experience making places accessible
AccessAbility Advantage provides
- AODA Compliance Strategy
- Customer Service Compliance including evaluations, policy work and training
- Information and Communication Compliance including audits of electronic presence, recommendations and training
- Employment Policy and Procedure Compliance including evaluations, policy work, training and employment supports
- Built Environment Accessibility including audits, construction design and management
10 Overlea Blvd., Toronto, Ontario M4H 1A4
Telephone: (416) 425-3463 x 7286 / 1 (800) 263-3463 x 7286
E-mail AccessAbility Advantage: fjewett@AccessAbilityAdvantage.ca
Website of AccessAbility Advantage: www.AccessAbilityAdvantage.ca
Accessibility Experts is an accessibility consulting and training firm that is passionate about making Ontario accessible. The company was developed in 2008 to help public and private sector organizations across Ontario to comply with legislative laws being implemented under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). With legislative standards being implemented (Customer Service, Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation; Information and Communications, Employment, Transportation and Public Spaces) it is important that organizations seek expertise in order to comply.
Accessibility Experts have extensive background and expertise in all areas of the legislation and the needs of persons with disabilities.
Our company goal is to help organizations to meet each required standard and then continue to support and offer ongoing assistance.
Accessibility Experts provide:
- Accessibility Planning and Development
- Accessible Customer Service Training
- Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation Staff Training
- Train the Trainer - IASR
- Creating Accessible Word Documents
- Creating Accessible Forms
- Basics of Accessible Web Design
- Policy Review and Development
- Standards Compliance Advice and Research
- Reporting Requirements and Documentation
- Accessible Communication Plans and Websites
- Proposal Writing
- Building Assessments
Extensive consultation processes are undertaken with all customers to identify and develop each organization's individual requirement. We design training that is tailored to the individual needs of the company; training that ensures you are meeting the requirements for the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessibility Experts works private sector organizations including Tim Hortons, Sobeys, and Samsung and have worked with more than 190 municipalities. We have been the trainers for the Association of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO), Ontario Hospital Association, Elections Ontario and Ontario Realty Corporation.
As a company we are dedicated, honest, experienced and provide reasonable pricing.
Accessibility Ontario provides training and consulting services to nonprofits and businesses in Ontario to help them understand and comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accessibility Ontario has worked closely with the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario (ADO) on multiple EnAbling Change projects, supporting organizations such as the Ontario Nonprofit Network, the Ontario Land Trust Association, and the Ontario Business Improvement Area Association.
- Accessibility Ontario has worked with a long list of clients throughout the province, from small nonprofits to medium sized businesses. Each of our consultants brings their own background and expertise to the Accessibility Ontario team, equipping us to work with diverse client set.
- Training & Coaching
- Accessibility Ontario offers an extensive number of in-person workshops, online webinars, and virtual AODA training courses. We excel at developing and delivering large-scale education and training initiatives and have managing several EnAbling Change projects.
- Policy & Planning
- Accessibility Ontario has helped many organizations create accessibility policies and plans in accordance to the AODA. We can serve as a guiding hand, provision of templates, or have our experts conduct the research and writing for you.
- Templates & Resources
- We offer a variety of policy and multi-year plan templates, as well other useful resources and tools, to make accessibility compliance easier.
- Website Audits
- The web is an important communication tool. Our audits help organizations isolate existing and potential barriers to their online content, and how to remove barriers to become compliant to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Document Conversion
- Creating accessible documents can be overwhelming when faced with old documents that need to be made accessible. Accessibility Ontario offered document conversion services to edit existing documents and templates from Microsoft Office applications, PDF documents, and InDesign.
- Building Assessments
- Accessibility Ontario's team offers facility audits to identify the built environment barriers in your office or building. In addition to long-term, larger cost changes, we suggest low cost solutions that can be immediately implemented.
- Event Speakers
- Accessibility Ontario is a frequent conference presenter. We love to share our passion and knowledge of accessibility with others. Let us share it with you at an upcoming conference or event!
AODA Updates and Accessibility Events
Sign up for Accessibility Ontario's free e-newsletter to receive accessibility tips and best practices, updates on the AODA legislation, announcements about upcoming events and funding opportunities, and news from Accessibility Ontario.Facebook page of Accessibility Ontario: AODAontario
Inclusive Media and Design Inc. is an innovation company focused on advancing accessibility of digital media for people with disabilities.
- Live remote captioning
- Technical services of web video captioning, description and other media transformation
- Consultation on information and communication issues, policy and practices for organizations
- Training sessions covering a wide range of accessibility topics, many of which are relevant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
We've been researching, innovating, and pushing the boundaries of accessible media since the early 1990s. We're also the developers of CapScribe Open, a freely available media software editor for the Mac.