The Accessibility Consultants Association of Ontario membership includes these companies concerned with accessible technology and assistive devices:
Companies on this page:
March of Dimes Canada
Your one-stop shop for accessibility consulting for the AODA.
Affordable plans that you can implement over time to meet the Standards.
How to get started
- Get advice from experienced professionals who were involved with Standards development
- Create a plan that you can implement over time to meet the Standards
- Take a practical, pragmatic approach
- Keep it affordable
We have 50+ years of experience making places accessible
AccessAbility Advantage provides
- AODA Compliance Strategy
- Customer Service Compliance including evaluations, policy work and training
- Information and Communication Compliance including audits of electronic presence, recommendations and training
- Employment Policy and Procedure Compliance including evaluations, policy work, training and employment supports
- Built Environment Accessibility including audits, construction design and management
10 Overlea Blvd., Toronto, Ontario M4H 1A4
Telephone: (416) 425-3463 x 7286 / 1 (800) 263-3463 x 7286
E-mail AccessAbility Advantage: fjewett@AccessAbilityAdvantage.ca
Website of AccessAbility Advantage: www.AccessAbilityAdvantage.ca
Accessibility Ontario provides training and consulting services to nonprofits and businesses in Ontario to help them understand and comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accessibility Ontario has worked closely with the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario (ADO) on multiple EnAbling Change projects, supporting organizations such as the Ontario Nonprofit Network, the Ontario Land Trust Association, and the Ontario Business Improvement Area Association.
- Accessibility Ontario has worked with a long list of clients throughout the province, from small nonprofits to medium sized businesses. Each of our consultants brings their own background and expertise to the Accessibility Ontario team, equipping us to work with diverse client set.
- Training & Coaching
- Accessibility Ontario offers an extensive number of in-person workshops, online webinars, and virtual AODA training courses. We excel at developing and delivering large-scale education and training initiatives and have managing several EnAbling Change projects.
- Policy & Planning
- Accessibility Ontario has helped many organizations create accessibility policies and plans in accordance to the AODA. We can serve as a guiding hand, provision of templates, or have our experts conduct the research and writing for you.
- Templates & Resources
- We offer a variety of policy and multi-year plan templates, as well other useful resources and tools, to make accessibility compliance easier.
- Website Audits
- The web is an important communication tool. Our audits help organizations isolate existing and potential barriers to their online content, and how to remove barriers to become compliant to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Document Conversion
- Creating accessible documents can be overwhelming when faced with old documents that need to be made accessible. Accessibility Ontario offered document conversion services to edit existing documents and templates from Microsoft Office applications, PDF documents, and InDesign.
- Building Assessments
- Accessibility Ontario's team offers facility audits to identify the built environment barriers in your office or building. In addition to long-term, larger cost changes, we suggest low cost solutions that can be immediately implemented.
- Event Speakers
- Accessibility Ontario is a frequent conference presenter. We love to share our passion and knowledge of accessibility with others. Let us share it with you at an upcoming conference or event!
AODA Updates and Accessibility Events
Sign up for Accessibility Ontario's free e-newsletter to receive accessibility tips and best practices, updates on the AODA legislation, announcements about upcoming events and funding opportunities, and news from Accessibility Ontario.Facebook page of Accessibility Ontario: AODAontario
Inclusive Media and Design Inc. is an innovation company focused on advancing accessibility of digital media for people with disabilities.
- Live remote captioning
- Technical services of web video captioning, description and other media transformation
- Consultation on information and communication issues, policy and practices for organizations
- Training sessions covering a wide range of accessibility topics, many of which are relevant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
We've been researching, innovating, and pushing the boundaries of accessible media since the early 1990s. We're also the developers of CapScribe Open, a freely available media software editor for the Mac.
Reliable Independent Living Services (RILS) provides the following technical services;
RILS Provides expertise, advice, guidance, support and training regarding accessibility in the built environment. RILS offers advice on the feasibility and suitability of proposed recommendations, outlining cost-effectiveness and industry best practices with respect to making accessibility improvements. RILS makes appropriate recommendations (as well as identifying the impact of any proposed recommendations) to achieve optimal barrier free accommodations for people of all abilities and identifies any challenges or issues with regard to accessibility requirements under the AODA standards. RILS provides expert advisory and reporting services to residential/commercial building owners, MVA, business owners and government.
Accessible Design & Reporting Services
Provides preliminary design services in the development, planning and preparation of As Built Drawings and Construction Drawings (as typically provided by a licensed architect) and specifications to ensure that the appropriate recommendations and plans/drawings are prepared and developed to achieve optimal accessibility. These services may include pre-design services, planning, provision of designs, drawings, specifications, feasibility reports, building audits and other technical submissions if needed.
Barrier Free Management Services
These services include the overall planning, coordination, estimating, control and development of the technical scope of work necessary to achieve successful accessible built environment projects. Project Management Services may also include, where applicable, liaising and dealing with the obligations of landlords and owners of leased buildings, coordinating the tendering process, preparing and submitting reports and invoices to clients.
ReliAble Independent Living Services®
ReliAble Barrier Free Living Centre
200 Spadina Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
E-mail Reliable Independent Living Services (RILS) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site of Reliable Independent Living Services (RILS): www.reliableliving.com
In business since 1989, we are a consulting firm which assists organizations, companies, government agencies and departments in finding solutions to workplace-related barriers for persons with hearing loss.
SNA uses a combination of research and analysis techniques, coupled with the latest technology to remove barriers and thereby provide equal access and accommodation. SNA has worked with all levels of government in Canada and our insights have been sought by colleagues in Australia, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Special Needs Computer Solutions (ADP Vendor) provides the latest solutions in Assistive Technology (AT) Aids for Special Needs adults and children
- Special Needs Computers provides
- The latest solutions in Computer Ergonomics devices for all computer users
- The latest in high tech visual aids products
- The latest in augmentative communication aids products
- Special Needs Computers combines consultation, training, and after sales support
- We are Canadian